FORUM+ is the peer reviewed journal for research and arts in Belgium and the Netherlands. The journal explores the latest trends in research in the arts, which is gaining importance in higher arts education in Flanders and the Netherlands. FORUM+ stimulates the dialogue between research in the arts, critical reflection and the social context in which it is established: this way the journal offers a platform for creative approaches and critical reflections on our world. The arts are deliberately defined in the broadest sense: music, drama, dance, (audio-)visual arts, … The interdisciplinary profile of FORUM+ offers room for discipline-related issues, but also allows for the exposure of cross-links and differences. The title reflects this intention: the journal wants to be a forum for the exchange of ideas, with a plus.
FORUM+ is published three times a year (February, May, October) by Amsterdam University Press and the Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp, in collaboration with the Antwerp Research Institute for the Arts (ARIA). For more information, visit: www.forum-online.be/en/about.
· You will be part of the editorial team and assist in the production of the magazine;
· You will attend the editorial meetings and make a draft report;
· You will assist with the correction of proofs;
· You will assist in keeping the website up to date and in preparing the newsletter;
· You will attend meetings and other activities of Folio (umbrella organisation of 38 cultural, literary and heritage magazines) as a representative of FORUM+.
· If desired, you can write a review of a book, CD, exhibition, theatre or dance performance of your choice;
· You will (continue) work(ing) on a market or audience research with other editorial staff members.
· You are interested in research in, from and about the arts;
· You have a fluent pen and a good command of the Dutch language (English is a plus);
· You love precision work and have an eye for detail and layout;
· You are thorough, communicative and independent;
Experience with CMS systems and Mailchimp is a plus.
The internship can be spread over several months, preferably over an entire academic year, but this is determined in mutual agreement. Start of internship: September/October 2022.
WHAT WE OFFER
By joining the editorial team of the journal, you get a unique look behind the scenes. You will expand your professional network by working with researchers and artists in the field of performing arts, music and visual arts. You will gain experience in the coordination and workflow of a journal. We offer you professional guidance in writing a review or other contribution of your choice. You work as a freelancer and plan your own hours. The internship is unpaid. Editorial meetings take place in Antwerp.
Interested? Send a short motivational letter, your CV, and (a) sample text(s) (e.g. an academic paper, a review) to email@example.com before 22 August 2022.
We will start with an exploratory interview in which we gauge the interests and qualities of the intern in order to come up with a suitable work package and a more specific timing.